Auction Terms & Conditions RESTAURANT & BAKERY AUCTION, NORTH YORK
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Upon registration, the Bidder warrants that they are of legal age and have read and understand the terms and conditions as listed below and that such terms shall govern this Online Auction sale.
1. All Bidders must first complete the New Bidder Information form as provided. Bidders are required to provide valid credit card information in order to register for this Auction. YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNLESS YOU ARE THE SUCCESSFUL BIDDER.
2. Throughout the auction process Bidders are encouraged to check their bids often in order to ensure success. Bidders may also choose to receive e-mail notifications when Outbid on an item. These notifications will not be sent out during the final two hours of the auction sale.
3. Bidders have the option of setting a maximum bid amount allowing the auction software system to automatically bid on their behalf to the next highest bid increment.
4. All items are always sold strictly UNRESERVED unless specifically mentioned in the item description.
5. Soft Close: If a bid is placed on an item in the final minute of the auction sale, the auction for that item will automatically be extended and remain open for an additional 1 minutes. This will continue until all bidding has ceased.
6. ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS. Conditions and limitations, where offered as part of the auction item description, are provided strictly as a courtesy and reflect our own professional judgment and opinion based on facts and conditions available at the time of inputting. Although the Auction makes every attempt to ensure that all items are authentic and that all photographs and descriptions are accurate and error free, no sale shall be invalidated by reason of any defect or inaccuracy in the description or photos as provided. Due to the nature of the Online Auction and of the Goods that we receive, we are often not provided with any information from the consigning companies and therefore we cannot and will not guarantee the history, origin, authenticity, fitness for use, nor the condition of any item sold. ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS.
7. Preview times are offered, and all Bidders are encouraged to take advantage of the Preview times to thoroughly inspect all items to their own satisfaction prior to bidding. By placing a bid, the Bidder signifies that they have examined the items to their own satisfaction, or that they have chosen not to personally examine them.
8. The highest Bidder shall become the Purchaser and no Bidder shall retract his / her bid at any point throughout the auction sale. Purchases become the responsibility of the Purchaser immediately upon award of the successful bid. All sales are final.
9. Upon award of the successful bid, the Purchaser will receive an invoice via email within 6 hours of the auction close. Full payment for all purchases is required on the day of the auction sale and will be charged to the credit card provided. A 15% buyer's premium plus H.S.T. will be added to the purchase price of all items sold at the auction. Failure to provide full payment using the credit card provided or alternative method of payment during allotted pick up times may result is suspension of bidding privileges.
10. For purchases exceeding $3000.00 and for shipments to the U.S., the Auction shall charge the credit card provided 25% of the purchase cost. Payment in full to be received via e-transfer or other secured method prior to pickup or shipping.
11. Pickup and Removal: All items must be removed on the dates and times as provided unless alternate arrangements are made prior to the close of the Auction sale. Any item(s) not picked up during the provided times may be considered abandoned and will be disposed of at the Purchasers sole risk and responsibility with no refund provided.
12. Purchasers are responsible to bring any necessary tools, packing material or additional labour to remove purchased items. Auction staff are not available to assist with removal of items. Note: Any damages caused to the property by the Purchaser or agents acting on behalf of the Purchaser during removal of the items, will be billed to the Purchaser and added to the Purchaser's credit card.
13. Shipping: No item will be shipped until paid for in full. Packing & shipping (via UPS, Purolator, Fed EX or Canada Post) is available for a fee. The Auction shall not be responsible for any loss or damage during shipping. If you require insurance against damage during shipping, UPS must package the item. All items will be shipped with a tracking number. All duties, import tariffs & taxes are the sole responsibility of the buyer. The Auction shall not be responsible for any searches and seizures at international borders or their functional equivalents. Despite the foregoing, buyers must make their own arrangements for the pick-up and delivery of furniture and larger items.
14. The catalogue listing may be subject to deletions at any time throughout the Auction process. If the Auction is unable to deliver any awarded lot(s) as a result of theft, damage, or for any reason whatsoever, the Auction's sole liability shall be the return of any monies paid on such lots.
15. By his/her purchase, the buyer waives any claims for liability against either the Auction, its employees, related organizations or the consignor of the item or service, arising in any way whatsoever including, but not limiting the generality of the foregoing, any liability resulting from the utilization of the property or services sold or from failure of the goods to match the provided descriptions.
16. The Auction Guy and their employees are not liable for any loss, damage, injury or accidents that may occur on the auction premises.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms